Aging & Health A to Z
Lifestyle & Management
You can lessen your risk for developing an aneurysm by making sensible lifestyle changes, including:
- Quitting smoking or using tobacco products
- Losing weight, if you need to
- Lowering cholesterol and fat in your diet
- Reducing the amount of alcohol you drink
- If appropriate for your age and gender, get screened with an ultrasound.
Talk with your healthcare professional about the best type and amount of exercise for you, based on the type of aneurysm you have.
Updated: March 2012
Posted: March 2012