Aging & Health A to Z
Coronary Artery Disease, Angina
Lifestyle & Management
The main steps to preventing and managing coronary artery disease and its complications are:
- Eating a balanced, heart healthy diet
- Exercising regularly
- Quitting smoking, if you smoke
- Learning to manage stress .
A heart healthy diet Means:
- Losing weight if you need to
- Lowering high cholesterol by limiting fat intake, especially saturated fats
- Maintaining a balance between “good” HDL and “bad” LDL cholesterol
Click here to go to the Prevention section, which provides easy-to-follow information on living a heart healthy lifestyle.
Updated: March 2012
Posted: March 2012