Medicare open enrollment only comes once a year. It is important that you mark your calendar and consider enrolling or reviewing your plans, especially if your needs have changed. Are you fully satisfied with your current medical care? If not, this is the right time to consider your options. Choosing the right healthcare providers, hospitals, and other care settings can make all the difference in your health and satisfaction with life. You can’t stand still, though.
Who is eligible for Medicare?
- You are eligible if you are:
1) a US citizen 65 years old or older, or
2) a permanent resident of the US for five continuous years and 65 years old or older.
- Individuals younger than 65 years old can be eligible for Medicare under certain circumstances; the Medicare Eligibility Calculator can help determine if your situation qualifies you for Medicare.
Open enrollment for Medicare runs from October 15th to December 7th.
- Your demand for health care is constantly changing. It is important for you to review your coverage and see if you need to make any changes to your coverage for the upcoming year.
- If you are happy with your current coverage, there is no need to do anything.