Find a Geriatrics Healthcare Professional

If you would like a list of healthcare professionals in your area who are sensitive to the special health care needs of older adults, please use the search below to get immediate results.

Click here to search for geriatrics healthcare professionals in your state



All healthcare professionals participating in our directory are members of the American Geriatrics Society.  If you are a member and would like to opt-into this service, you may do so here or by contacting our membership team.  

Please be aware that a referral from us does not represent an endorsement by the Health in Aging Foundation or the American Geriatrics Society, of the services of the geriatrics professional.

Search Tip: Searching by State will provide you with the greatest number of search results. 
To further narrow down your results, you can add in an additional search parameter for City.  
If your search returns no results, please try only selecting the State.

Please contact us via email or call (212) 308-1414 if you are unable to use the search.

Who Needs to See a Geriatrics Healthcare Professional?

While primary care physicians—general internists and family physicians—care for most older people, geriatricians frequently provide the primary care for older adults who have the most complicated medical and social problems.  Also, because of their unique qualifications and training, geriatricians are often sought to provide consultations for the frailest of older persons. 

A geriatrician should be consulted when:

  • An older person's condition causes considerable impairment and frailty. These patients tend to be over the age of 75 and coping with a number of diseases and disabilities, including cognitive (mental) problems.
  • Family members and friends are feeling considerable stress and strain as caregivers.


Back To Top