- .@AmerGeriatrics Honors Expert & Emerging #Geriatrics Leaders at #AGS22 http://ow.ly/kKat50IVGOz
New York (April 29, 2022)—The American Geriatrics Society (AGS) annually honors researchers, clinicians, educators, and emerging health professionals who have made outstanding contributions to high-quality, person-centered care for older people. This year’s award recipients include more than 20 leaders representing the breadth of disciplines championing care for us all as we age.
- Anil Makam, MD, MAS (University of California, San Francisco)
- Lee A. Lindquist, MD, MPH, MBA (Northwestern University)
- Dallas Mindo-Panusis (University of California, San Francisco)
- Helen S. Kao, MD (Lumina Hospice & Palliative Care and University of California, San Francisco)
- West Health
- Mitchell T. Heflin, MD, MHS (Duke University School of Medicine)
- Sharon A. Brangman, MD, FACP, AGSF (SUNY Upstate Medical University)
- Justine Enns (John Hopkins University School of Medicine)
- Jasmine Travers, PhD, MHS, RN, AGPCNP-BC (New York University Rory Meyers College of Nursing)
- Scott Martin Vouri, PharmD, MS, PhD (University of Florida College of Pharmacy)
- Jason Falvey, PT, DPT, PhD (University of Maryland School of Medicine)
- Kenneth Lam, MD, MAS (University of California, San Francisco)
- Lauren Southerland, MD (Ohio State University, Wexner Medical Center)
- Jerry C. Johnson, MD, AGSF
- Norka Quillatupa, MD (Kern Medical)
- Ariel Green, MD, MPH, PhD (Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine)
- Claire Ankuda, MD, MPH, MSc (Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai)
- Ravishankar Ramaswamy, MD, AGSF (Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine)
- Chan Mi Park, MD (Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health)
- The Louisiana Geriatrics Society
- The Oregon Geriatrics Society
- Amy S. Kelley, MD, MSHS (Department of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine At Mount Sinai)
About the American Geriatrics Society
Founded in 1942, the American Geriatrics Society (AGS) is a nationwide, not-for-profit society of geriatrics healthcare professionals that has—for more than 75 years—worked to improve the health, independence, and quality of life of older people. Its nearly 6,000 members include geriatricians, geriatric nurses, social workers, family practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, and internists. The Society provides leadership to healthcare professionals, policymakers, and the public by implementing and advocating for programs in patient care, research, professional and public education, and public policy. For more information, visit AmericanGeriatrics.org.
About the Health in Aging Foundation
The Health in Aging Foundation is a national non-profit established in 1999 by the American Geriatrics Society to bring the knowledge and expertise of geriatrics healthcare professionals to the public. We are committed to ensuring that people are empowered to advocate for high-quality care by providing them with trustworthy information and reliable resources. Last year, we reached nearly 1 million people with our resources through HealthinAging.org. We also help nurture current and future geriatrics leaders by supporting opportunities to attend educational events and increase exposure to principles of excellence on caring for older adults. For more information or to support the Foundation's work, visit HealthinAging.org.
About the AGS Annual Scientific Meeting
The AGS Annual Scientific Meeting is the premier educational event in geriatrics, providing the latest information on clinical care, research on aging, and innovative models of care delivery. More than 2,000 nurses, pharmacists, physicians, physician assistants, social workers, long-term care and managed care providers, healthcare administrators, and others will convene in Orlando May 12-14, 2022 (pre-conference program on May 11) to advance geriatrics knowledge and skills through state-of-the-art educational sessions and research presentations. For more information, visit Meeting.AmericanGeriatrics.org.