The prostate is a small, ball-like gland found between the bladder and the penis. It surrounds the urethra, which is the tube that takes urine from the bladder out of the body. Approximately 3 million American men have prostate disease.
Here are questions you can ask your healthcare provider about prostate disease:
- Is it normal to get up to urinate at night? If so, how many times?
- How do I know if I have prostate cancer?
- How do I know if I have an enlarged prostate?
- Do I need surgery for an enlarged prostate?
- Are there medicines I can take to treat an enlarged prostate? Are there any side effects?
- What is the PSA test? When do I need one?
- What is the best treatment for prostate cancer?
- Will treatment for an enlarged prostate affect my sexual function?
- Is saw palmetto a good treatment for an enlarged prostate?
- How do I know if I have a prostate infection?
- How long do I have to take an antibiotic medicine for a prostate infection?