Not everyone with diabetes has symptoms. About a fifth of older adults with type 2 diabetes don’t even know that they have it. People with diabetes have a high risk of health problems even if they don’t have symptoms.
Diabetes Warning Signs and Symptoms
- Increased thirst or appetite
- Frequent urination (sometimes as often as every hour)
- Unusual weight loss or weight gain
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Wounds that heal slowly or foot sores
- Numbness or tingling in the feet or hands
- Confusion or depression
- Sexual problems
You need to have regular blood glucose tests. It’s the best way to find out if you have diabetes. Finding out early is important for your health. Early treatment means avoiding serious problems later on.
Last Updated April 2023
Back To Top