- Pain related to muscles, bones, and organs results from an injury or disease. Often it stays in one area and treatment helps.
- Pain caused by damaged nerves or the brain can feel different. The location of this pain can be hard to identify. This type of pain often is hard to treat.
- Pain that happens with no clear cause
Many older adults live with at least one common illness that causes pain. These common conditions include:
- Joint diseases (arthritis)
- Teeth or gum issues
- Muscle and blood vessel diseases
- Bone conditions
Last Updated December 2022
Back To Top