Regular physical activity is a critical part of arthritis treatment. Activity can reduce pain and improved a person’s ability to move. Physical activity may lead to weight loss, which can reduce osteoarthritis pain. Among the activities that may help are:
- Physical therapy can help people with osteoarthritis have less pain and disability.
- Occupational therapy can help people carry out daily activities with less pain and more mobility
- The following activities can help people with osteoarthritis:
- Tai Chi (a form of meditative movement that began in Asia)
- Yoga (a practice that involves meditation and poses that can strength joints)
- Balance training
- Braces for knees and hands